Friday, January 30, 2009

Nor' Easter Discussion and Analysis

Yesterday I spoke of the models being too far west and tracking over us with a lot of rain. Things seemed to have changed. HOWEVER, I need verification.

Hello again, and oh boy, I just don't know what to say. I think it is time to do a good analysis. I want to show you guys some models and their positions along with the vort's. It is very important.

Alright, we have a possible Major Storm coming next week. The setup seems to be a Miller A storm, starting in the Gulf of Mexico and riding up the coast. Here are some models:

GFS 00z For the Jan 30 run, ran night of Jan 29 :)


That started the east trend, now the 06z from 01.30.09

THAT'S 96 now 102

Now to TODAYS 12z 01.30.09 at its point thats its giving us the heaviest precip which is not that heavy.

Finally, THIS AFTERNOONS 18z run.
.

Alright, as you can see these models are agreeing more on a coastal track rather then the west of Apps or I-95 track thought to occur yesterday. Marlyand DC and VA are alive for a snowstorm along with DE and WV and PA very much so.

I WILL DISCUSS THE MODELS POSTED AFTER TONIGHTS 00z GFS, I have a reason for doing so. I will also likely do 500mbVort Maps.



I love it!!!

No comments: