Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'm going out on a limb

Now, the meteorologists have got to be noticing the cold air. I expected 36 as todays high instead of 39 by TWC, 39 by the NWS, 40 from WJZ, upper 30's from WBAL, and 38 from ABC. I was closer than all of them with the recorded high at my weasther station so far as 35 degrees.

A winter weather advisory comes into play at 11pm tonight lasting through 10am Sunday morning. Things are colder than forecast, so I am going to go out on a limb. Plus the QPF, accumulated precipitation looks a bit underdone.

I am expecting in Caroll county west: 1-2" snow and sleet, locally 3'', up to .15 ice
Baltimore itself and the county: Up to 1.5" snow and sleet, locally more north, up to .09" ice
South of Baltimore a trace or coating, maybe 1/2'' snow and sleet at most, .03'' ice.

I am actually forecasting more wintry than most noticing some trends. I have something to do for school and will be up late. Expect updates from me. Be back later!

No comments: