Saturday, November 29, 2008

Something I've Noticed

Looking at the current temps around the region, I've noticed that with a light wind and mainly clear skies dominating since late afternoon, things are looking a bit interesting. With clounds moving in now out of the south, I can report that the temperatures are nearing the freezing mark and that there are strong returns on the radars I have looked at, the winter precip could come early. With moderate to nearly heavy precip moving to the northeast from central Virginia, I believe when it enters MD it will change to the winter variety and break through the clouds. As you know, if the precipitation is heavy enough, then it will break through and fall to the ground rather than light precip making virga. Also, this early precip will make it colder in the upper levels causing a cold air damming situation. I'll have more on the radar and on the precip possibly later.

No comments: