Thursday, November 27, 2008

Model's Trending More


After looking at some of the runs from the 18z GFS models this afternoon, I noticed that the coastal storm is moving a bit farther east. You think it's gonna be all snow now for the I-95 corridor and that things are all great. Wrong! We do have the low trending east which is good for you snow lovers, however the clipper heading down from Canada is still there and if that stays in the forecast, then the warm air will stay and the big cities will see mostly rain. So we need that clipper to stay out of the way of the coastal and get the cold air in if snow or a bundle of winter precip is going to occur in the metros.


Right now, I believe that will happen and things will get very interesting by late tonight or tomorrow. Check out the model above and it supports my info. Thats all for now, might be back late after 00z GFS tonight. If not, I'll have plenty of updates tomorrow!

No comments: